Sunday, March 19, 2023

Dancing in the Desert 3

                                       

Dancing in the Desert


For the first time in many years we are experiencing snow in Palm Springs more than half way down the mountains.


While this may seem to be a wondrous site, it is in fact more of a warning.


I have been visiting my desert for over 30 years now and if there is one thing that has remained constant it is the fact that it will always be there to love me and inspire me, and protect me in its eternal embrace.

This year however, a chill has entered my valley and with it have come the winds of change.


Change that can cool the desert and take granite to sand. It can alter our planet and 

leave us to stand on a barren oasis, the rubble of man.


So dance if you will and make merry the day, but remember that nature will of needs have her way. 


The seeds of millenniums lay buried in the earth and wait for the day when a million tomorrows will burst.


There is always tomorrow until there is not, and we only live by the grace of our lot.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment