Friday, December 3, 2010

Holiday Spirits & Sprites




Whoosh! I think that I just caught a glimpse of a holiday spirit making it's way though my house. I haven't seen one of those in a long time. Care must be taken when such episodes occur. If not careful one could easily be caught up in the frenetic frenzy and god only knows what might happen then.

This year seems to be a little less full of fun and frenzy, and more concentrated on content. Times of past illusion are giving way to daily realities, for me at least. For instance, when was the last time that you did something just for the fun of it. Don't you find that most everything now is pre-screened or previewed to the point of ... well, to the point of wondering why we even choose to start the process?

Immersed or embroiled as we may be in the heart of the holidays, I have to say that there is one thing that helps to lift me up and out of the magical mire. The only thing that seems to be capable of creating this cure for me is the simple and pure distillation achieved by the conjuring of past perfect times. This can make for a powerful and pungent potion which when mixed together with dear friends both old and new will not only add flavor to your celebrations but give new energy and meaning to life.

As the new year approaches and our thoughts turn toward a new day let us be eager in our anticipation, but careful in our participation of events that will lead us forward to a kinder, better time.
Let's drink a cup of kindness then for "Auld Lang Syne" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment