Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Being There

OK. I know that we all, in our way, deal with life on our own terms but today was another lesson at least for me. Determined not to live [or exist] in a state of blissful sedation, I ventured out into the messy world again, a world that Jack and I had disdained for so many years. Guess what? Life is messy and as long as we chose to exist, to feel and be there in the moment then we must be there every moment.

An old friend, of an old friend, opened up a restaurant recently and I had been neglectful in my absence. Tonight was my long and overdue reservation. Once again long seated energies that existed for so many years resurfaced and gave way yet another and more intimate encounter, a renewal of experiences past in the present.

Some times I think that we take much too much for granted. Everyday and always life needs to be renewed, reassured and, if you will, resurrected. Like any other energy care must be taken or the flame will burn out, the plant will wilt or the essence itself will cease to exist.

These past months have proven to be not so much of a trial as a lesson in living. It is easy to retreat into ourselves and sometimes necessary for brief periods at least. However, time must be taken to "listen to the silence", to "hush" our voices and to be one with forever if only for a moment.

The conclusion that I came to yesterday was that nothing is permanent, that everything is in flux and that tomorrow may not happen. But guess what? After all is said and done tomorrow might just happen in spite and if we aren't ready we will most definitely miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment