Thursday, July 15, 2010

It was Bastille Day at Kiki's Bistro on the newly anointed Rue du Kiki and I was there with a table of my best and dearest friends. It was crowded and warm in the restaurant because of the large crowd that had gathered for this event, but no one seemed to mind.

Outside the street had been blocked off and there was a celebration of Renaissance acts going on - fire jugglers, minstrels and the like. A feeling of primal energy filled my soul and I began to feel as though I were in another time. A simpler time when people would celebrate thus and drink in the joys of everyday life well lived.

I thought to myself aren't I lucky to be alive right now? I know there are a lot of things that need to be fixed and many problems that need to be addressed but aren't there always? We are ever evolving creatures you and I and in order to evolve we must shed the skins of the past and put on the new and future ones. They may not fit right now but we will undoubtedly grow into them because we must. It can be tiresome, tedious and some times even treacherous but in the end it is worth the effort.

Mankind must persist for the only alternative is to perish. Perhaps with the help of our gods we might just find a way to celebrate together again and drink in the primal energies that have kept us so alive in past decades. Viva la France and vive l'humanite'!

No comments:

Post a Comment