Sunday, July 11, 2010

Transitions

Many years ago a friend said to me "you know in my other life things were different". I thought, other life? How many lives do we have or how many are we entitled to?? Are we cats of a different color or maybe it is just that we consider ourselves to be part and parcel of existing conditions and not unique onto ourselves.

Well twenty some years later I finally, I think, deciphered the code. We are in fact products of our own delusions. We think from the crux of our involvements. Should we be singular most of us would be lost, as I have been, in the maze of "ownership of self".

We are a species of connectors. We, I think, are happiest when we have another to tend to - at least I am. When left to our own devices we can become monsters and consume our constituents in order to satisfy our desire for self gratification.

That being said, let me say this. In my many years and many reincarnations I have come to the conclusion that there is one thing that really matters. In my endeavours, in my many life times, and in my many modes, one thing above all has become the overwhelming reason for living and/or going on. Think of it this way - If we are aware and content with ourselves we then connect with the positive elements of our universal conscience. If, however, we are not connected in the positive then we are doomed to a life of discontent. Moreover, this discontent becomes a monster that dominates our existence and in the end consumes us.

So what is the point? Be involved in life, be aware of it, be in the moment. But most of all be kind and considerate, and giving. Because in the end it is that which we have given that might be returned when most needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment