Friday, July 12, 2013

Uniquely Yours


There are times, when you least expect it, that life's reflections appear. So clearly do they mirror our most intimate thoughts and dreams that they become us if only for the moment. Crystal clear reflections so tragically beautiful, so uplifting and sad, yet so perfectly perfect in their intent.

The other day I saw myself in a window in my new neighborhood. I thought to myself where was I when this picture was taken last? Who and where was I at that space in time? As I continued on I remembered so many intimate moments of that very occurrence but it was a younger me and so many other places ago.

There is a shopping center nearby that reminds me of Los Angeles and another that is most definitely New York. There is campus that could be in Seattle and a Canal that might be Miami. All these sounds and vistas trigger other moments in time when an aging ingenue strolled the streets of life in search of himself and finding, after all that he was always there, just behind, if only one were to stop and look.

Why is it that we so desperately run from what we know, eagerly leaping into the arms of distant strangers. Is it that we are impatient for the future or merely bored by the past. Or is it maybe that we need the new and exciting lest we become stagnant and fixed in the forever, a picture of who we are and no more.

Can time exist in a capsule? Can a life force become a moment? And in the end, after all is said and done, can there be anymore? I say yes. Tomorrow is the product of all the reflections of yesterday and today, and, like a digital recording can exist as past, present and future if we only let it be.

So frame your reflections and keep them in your heart because they are, after all the, special things that make you uniquely yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment