Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Dream Catcher


There is a "dream catcher" that hangs over my bed. It was a gift from a very dear friend and it hangs from a Venetian light fixture that my partner and I purchased on one of trips to Italy. I'm sure that Jack would disagree with it's positioning but I have found it to be just right.

You see it is the first thing that I see in the morning and it is the last thing that I see every night. It catches dreams and remembrances of times gone by but it also catches the energies of those moments that time has passed over but not forgotten. Many nights as I lay half awake or half asleep, I can see the memories of my mind caught in it's web and suspended like photographs in an old picture book above me. I wonder how many times I have revisited my life in reflection. I don't think it possible that I could count, but let it be said that it is never too many.

To catch a dream is a wonderful thing and if you haven't tried it you should. You see if you don't catch your dreams they tend to run away and finally they disappear. How sad would it be to lose ones dreams. Dreams are the stuff that life is made of. They are the essence of the universe and the sustenance of the soul.

Once upon a time, not so long ago, I dreamed a beautiful dream and it actually came true. Now I am hoping that if I can dream it again it will become real once more. After all what is life if it is not a beautiful dream of our reality?

No comments:

Post a Comment