Monday, February 21, 2011

Desert Mirage

As one sits and looks out over the vastness of the desert and its mountain containment's, images begin to appear. Clouds, as they peek out from the mountain top, become fractured by the power of the deserts thermo updrafts and then transform into shapes and patterns of endless variety. The shadows of the desert capture the soul of the terrain and in a magical moment release them in a burst of solar energy, shape shifting on the desert sands. Can this spectacle become any more astounding? I think not. This place is a paradise without rival. Those who I bring to my oasis agree that life here is eternal if only for the moment.

For many years now I have befriended this place, my desert, my mountains. It is part of my very soul. But to be here always can not be. When we discover a place, a moment or a certain feeling that makes us euphoric maybe it is better that we keep it in our hearts and use it only when needed. After all anything in excess is always exhausted and then the search for replacement must begin again.

My other half and I have lived in this place for many moments and by doing so have been metamorphosed into one with it. Could it be that all one really needs to be eternal is to be one with nature. Would that the desert and mountain claim our spirits in the end so that we may live as one with them forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment