Friday, February 4, 2011

The View From Above


It is truly amazing what the emotions can bring into play when touched upon, like the strings of a celestial harp.

As I am flying over the purple mountain majesty of Bryce Canyon winging my way to the gentle comfort of Palm Springs I find myself suddenly overcome with a feeling of euphoria. The tears begin as I am once more reminded of moments of past perfect bliss. Perhaps I think, I might be able to bring the desert to life with my tears and to rejuvenate life in suspension with a kiss. From above it seems possible since I am not grounded. To float on the lithe air in the clouds affords me a moment in suspension. Seeing the mountains being swallowed by drifting dunes of sand, rivers carving elaborate patterns in the earth like matelasse fabric, and the misty valleys with fret work fields of humanity remind me of another time.

I remember many life times ago a moment such as this. It was the first time that I was physically in flight. I have always been a creature of the air and enjoy nothing better than to be there, but when the physical joins the spiritual magic can happen.

So what is it that I see when I look out at the desert and purple mountains from above? I see my life which has been laid from city to desert and from mountain to sea. I see a map of what not only might have been but also what which can and will be.

I am happy for the moment ...

1 comment: