Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Liquid Sunshine



The liquid sun ripples over my body washing away the worries of the day and the desert breezes dry my fears. Another day in paradise a place of sanctuary to which my life can escape. Mindless hours in the sunshine and the soul is healed for the time at least. Tomorrow can not be far away for the shadows of the mountain are shading today and if I listen very still I can hear their voices echoing from the hills. A bountiful day such as this really only exists if you want it to. There are times that I miss the occasion completely, so wrapped up in my mundane worries. Problems created by my our making in order to insure mortality I think.

So today then a journey up the mountain again. This time however it is the highway to heaven. Up the arid southern slope winding my way to the big valley in the sky. Then as if by magic arid turns to to lush pine and the clouds descend. At once I am emerged in a cloud forest of pine and peace. I think to myself "what if I were to stay in this place forever" but I retort "not possible for you would surely cease to exist up here for this is not your time". So I wind my down the northern slope back to reality in the desert. From clouds to desert is an awesome journey. One that I think we must all take at least occasionally  for if we do not how else can we experience the total bliss of our emotions laid bare and open.

Back then to the desert warmth and the welcoming pool of dreams because in its embrace I can feel the lazy, healing solace of a moment in time that I will revisit again many times and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment