Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Desert Morning




It is 7am on a beautiful winters morning in Palm Springs. The sun is warming the shade and the hummingbirds are begining to make their rounds. A desert Blue Jay is sitting on the chaise lounge and a lizard is sunning himself on a palm leaf.

As I sit in my chair by the pool I am listening to the wonderful silence that only the desert can hear. The rustle of a distant bird, the whisper of a desert breeze, the gurgle of the pool as it filters and warms. What could be more serene. It is times like this that life seems to be satisfied. Moments of magic that set a tone for inner piece and introspection. It is hard to be lonely when surrounded by such boundless beauty but would that it could be sharred. I think to myself, but I am sharring this moment. I am sharring with nature and time, with the desert creatures and more.

I know that there will be times when my silence is broken by the other sounds of the day and that this tranquil time is brief. Later will come visits from neighbors and friends and the day will take on another dimension. So, I rest my head on the chaise lounge by the gurgling pool and listen to the desert silence knowing that in that silence is the answer to all my questions. If I can just be still like the lizard in the sun, the moment will come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment